Bobbin is in heat. In the heat. Not so fun. But, she has a fresh haircut and a bow in her hair, so that's something. We can all relate.
I get regular requests for dog updates. Pupdates. Bobbin and Pixel are now 1 year old, and even more fun -- and surprisingly more cute than they were as puppies. Like swans. To the left is their photo from last July. And here they are now, below. Ya, what's that about? Puppies are supposed to be cuter than grown dogs.
I'm not complaining though. Not only are these guys prettier now, but they've burrowed a soft spot for themselves in our family.
That Bobbin has already earned her halo. She will put up with anything. I'll keep my camera ready for her next fashion show, boxy castle home, choo choo train ride, or ribbon parade.
Pixel still wears his heart on his scruff. He's just as floppy and eager as ever. He manages to stay clear of Charlotte's narratives by virtue of his gender alone.
Some Other Stuff
• Woven. You must see Laura's new fabric line, Lantern Bloom. It was a huge hit at Market, with its own unique style and edgy approach. I've been meaning to do a post, but am in the thick of pattern-writing and post-travel recovery. Call this a pre-post blurb. Watch for Laura Gunn prints at Crate & Barrel too.
• Curious. It appears I've been written a public request to stop writing patterns, blogging & such. All I have to say is, "An apple a day..."
• Experimental. We just got a dutch oven. We're taking it camping with us this summer. I'll share recipes. Or shall I call them experiments?
• Fattening. We're working on a new Father's day ice cream recipe today. I'll share that too. Don't forget to try my Strawberry Pretzel Dessert ice cream. It'll be a challenge to top that one.
• Fun. We're sending out our second newsletter next week featuring a craft project how-to, new Trash Ties colors, an introduction to Emily & Lindsay, a newsletter-only store promotion -- and a giveaway. Sign up for the newsletter here if you want to be included.