Not all witches have time to concoct a full spread of Harry Potter recipes, especially if they are short a house elf or two! So for those of you who would like to delve into the world of Harry Potter without the chocolate-dipping and butterbeer-mixing, I've searched out a few easily-accessible, store-bought options for you.
Lemon Drops, Chocolate Frogs, and Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans are my top choices for store-bought, trolley-worthy treats. They can be enjoyed by first years and ministry wizards alike. Honestly, I can't believe I found chocolate frogs with so little searching. (See 'Where to Buy' list below.)
Another non-alcoholic beverage option includes Lemon Drop Soda. Mix 2 parts sparkling water with 1 part Stirrings brand Lemon Drop Mixer, and give that Dumbledore a toast.
If you prefer a lighter soda, reduce the Lemon Drop Mixer to your liking. Isaac swears by the addition of a tablespoon of vanilla flavoring syrup.
Where to Buy
• Old-fashioned lemon drops - Pier One Imports.
• Chocolate Frogs - Pier One Imports or mold your own chocolate frogs.
• Every Flavor Beans - Jelly Belly brand jelly beans - your local grocer -- or for an authentic Bertie Bott's mix, including nasty flavors, such as vomit & ear wax, here are a few links: one, two, three.
• Stirrings brand Lemon Drop Mixer -- spotted this week at Pier One, World Market, and SuperTarget, or purchase online.
• Sparkling Water or Club Soda - your local grocer.
Now take your sugar high and do something good with it, like treat your kids to a movie or some broom-crafting, then come back home and crash-out. That's the way the sugar goes. I have some experience with this now.
Next week, I'm off the broomstick, cauldron-less, and back in Little Winging, I swear. Have a great weekend Harry Potter fans -- don't forget to brush your teeth.