A few years back I picked up an oddly-shaped silicone spatula on sale at a fancy, local grocery store. I was intrigued by it's double-ended design and the claim it was heat-resistant to 650º F (340º C). It worked so well as a spatula for baking and also as a stirring tool for cooking that I hustled back to that store and purchased the only other one left. These are now among my favorite, everyday kitchen tools.
The spatula is reinforced down the center with a super-strong, super-stiff metal bar. The silicone at either end is flexible, but not too flexible. It scrapes up brownie batter like nothing else.
I am glad to have tracked down the company's website so easily. It turns out they have a ton of nifty tools based on the same concept. Look at all of these options and colors! My exact spatula is no longer in the collection, but it is most similar to the clear design below.
1. Chef'n Switchit Flex Wide (pink + 3 other colors)
2. Chef'n Switchit All Purpose (violet + 7 other colors)
3. Chef'n Switchit Spoon/Spatula (yellow + 5 other colors)
4. Chef'n Switchit Spreader (red +7 other colors)
5. Chef'n Switchit All Purpose (cream + 7 other colors)
6. Chef'n Switchit Flex Spoon (blue + 7 other colors)
7. Chef'n Switchit Slim (green + 7 other colors)
8. Chef'n Switchit Long (clear + 5 other colors)
And check out this groovy salt and pepper grinder -- it's a bunny and you squeeze it's ears!