There is an online, full-day event coming up on January 25th that you might be interested in. It's called "True Scrap Pocket Pages" and the classes will be live and interactive, discussing the basics of pocket scrapbooking and beyond. All of the live classes will be recorded as well, so you can re-watch them as needed.
Project Life is one of the sponsors for this event. They asked if you guys might be interested in hearing about it and I said, "Of course. Why not." I'm not affiliated with True Scraps, but I do love the simplicity of pocket-page scrapbooking. I already organize many of my creative projects on index cards for easy filing. It wasn't hard to convince me to keep family stories, kid quotes, and doodles on pretty little cards—such a fun and easy way to keep a family record!
Here's the list of classes —each one is an hour long:
• Hybrid Hints for Paper People (Traci Reed)
• Pocket Scrapping 101: Back to Basics (Layle Koncar)
• Do You Hear What I Hear? Including Your Family’s Perspectives in Your
Pocket Spreads (Marcy Penner)
• KISS: Keep It Simple, Scrappy! Simplifying the Pocket Page Process
from Monica McNeil
• Playing Big: Adding 12×12 photos and layouts to your Pocket Pages
Albums (Lilith Eeckels)
• Outside the Lines: Creative Approaches to Adding Journaling to Your
Pocket Pages (Stephanie Bryan)
Anyhow. If you are interested, visit truescrap.com/pocket for more info. (Lain Ehmann even posted a welcome video.) There is a ridiculous discount if you book the class today (January 10th)—hence my hurry to get this information posted! The code is "99OFF". You save a wild 66% or something, making the total cost only $50.
What is pocket-page scrapbooking? Here are my thoughts.