Wow, what a week! I'm blown away by the response. Thank you so much for your orders. I had intended to post frequently throughout the week, but quickly realized I had better focus on making and packaging Trash Ties so we could send your orders out before Christmas! Blogging subsequently hit the back burner - temporarily : )
However, I have a few important things I need to pop in to mention. In no particular order...
• Shipping -- We're planning to send all orders that were received by December 10th out on Monday or Tuesday via Priority Mail for the US (3-5 days shipping) and International First Class for non-US orders (6-10 days shipping) if not sooner. Everything is currently made-to-order, so our home has become a flurry of pink boxes, quite the workshop. Normally shipping will require a 2-4 week lead time to get product out our doors and on its way, but we were willing to burn the midnight oil to get these first orders out for the holidays. We're keeping our fingers crossed, as this is our first go at this and we have a lot of systems to put in place.
• Holiday Discount -- We're extending the coupon from HELLOmynameisHeather through the end of the year. Though we can't guarantee delivery for Christmas on orders received after December 10th, we figured we could certainly extend the discount -- Happy Holidays!
• And Speaking of Coupons -- Please make sure to press the "Apply Coupon" button after entering a coupon code and verify in your order summary that you've indeed secured the discount before submitting your payment. We don't have any way to edit your order, so we cannot apply any discounts after your order has been placed -- so watch for that "Apply Coupon" button. Thanks!
• A Word on Security -- The Trash Ties store is a secure place to shop. It is operated under an SSL certificate through GoDaddy.com, which is a large and reputable company. Some web-savvy shoppers have pointed out that when shopping at the Trash Ties store, the URL does not read "https" instead of "https," which is a quick way to verify security. We've double-checked this issue with GoDaddy and it has been made clear that the "https" doesn't show up because our store is housed in an inline-frame (which allows people to shop without leaving our pretty Trash Ties website). Housing the shopping cart in this inline-frame in no way compromises its security. For those who would like the added comfort of seeing the "https" show up in the URL, you can visit our shopping cart directly at the following address: www.shop.trashties.com. The "https" will show up when you go to enter your credit card information. It is the exact same secure shopping cart as the one at TrashTies.com. Your credit card information is secure.
• Inquiries -- Oh to have an employee or two! We're trying
our best to respond to inquiries quickly, but are not at our computers
much this week in order to get your orders produced in record time!
Thank you for your patience as we figure out a system for handling your
inquiries and responding to your requests. ** I believe this list here
will address most of your questions thus far **
• And a Giveaway! -- On a purely fun note, my friend, Jona, is having a Trash Ties giveaway
promotion! And she's posted a photo of one of her own Trash Ties ideas
to boot. Isn't this a cool idea? Jona's been a big help to me this
year, especially with preparations for the Home Companion photoshoot last May
(Apr/May 08 issue coming soon!). And her two teenage daughters have
been over the last couple of days working with us on the Trash Ties
holiday dash-- another big help! Jona's saving up for a well-deserved,
new-fangled sewing machine
that I wish I could just buy for her. She says she's getting closer!
So, visit her blog to read more about her plan and how to get a bonus
pack of Trash Ties : )
And that's my list for now. I'll pop in again if I think of anything else. And, again, thank you for your orders. We're working as hard as we possibly can to get them to you quickly.
∆ ∆ ∆
Oh, and way up above! For holiday hair, twist two long Trash Ties together before styling -- Vermilionaire red & White Wedding white -- the perfect disguise for your next stroll through the seven levels of the Candy Cane Forest!