Okay. Here's how it's done.
Then fold the ends over your hair. Make sure the ties touch in the middle somewhere so your hair won't twirl out. Cinch tight.
You can wrap once, wrap twice, or twist! I prefer to wrap them twice in most cases (petite & super secure!). To see these options up close, click on the photo to enlarge.
TRASH TIES are a quick and fun way to tie your hair back. And there are a ton of colors, including hair tones: blond, brown (great for red-heads too!), black, white : )
Up-Dos & What Knots
Create a soft, modern style or fasten some playful braids.
For up-dos, simply fish the folded tie through the hair next to your head and through or around the hair you'd like to hold in place. Cross the ends over securely and voila! The action is much like inserting a big ol' bobby pin, but because the ends get crossed tightly over your hair, TRASH TIES won't slip out like bobby pins can. And they're cute, so you don't have to worry about hiding your means! No shame.
You can plan out a neat, tidy 'do like the one above. But, one of my favorite things about using TRASH TIES for up-dos is that you certainly don't have to. You can create a rather glamorous effect just by going at it willy-nilly-o; tie this bit of hair here, then this pretty little knot over there, and so on. Just add more ties until you've got the look you're going for. That's what we did in the picture at the right, and look how cool it is!
When it's time to let your hair down, simply unfold each tie and they'll release from your hair without tangles.
In the spirit of having all of the helpful info in one handy place, here's a bit more:
• TRASH TIES are also available in 25" lengths. To see how they work, visit The Basics page for our Long Ties and have a look through the TRASH TIES Gallery. Long ties work a bit differently and can also do all kinds of crazy, creative and beautiful things.
• You can combine both lengths of TRASH TIES to create limitless hair styles. Stay tuned at the TRASH TIES Blog and we'll show you some fun ways to go beyond what's included in the 16-Page Style Guide that comes in each box.
• Many hair styles may be created where TRASH TIES won't even show. To do so, select TRASH TIES that blend with your hair color.
• With a drop of soap and a quick rinse, TRASH TIES are hand-washable.
• With proper care, your TRASH TIES will see you through many good times!
So Go Get Yourself Some!
... And your mother & sisters, daughters & granddaughters, nieces & cousins, friends & so on. Guys too -- I can't say how many men have used TRASH TIES to tie back dreadlocks or keep their hair tidy for motorcycle-riding. But, shhh, that's not all pink and glamorous. (But funny. And true.)
TRASH TIES make great fun and great gifts. They can be worn in the simplest, most elegant way or in a modern, playful fashion. They're perfect for everyone. And as they're not available any where else just yet, you can bet your loved ones have never seen 'em either.
Oh, and they're patented!
International orders welcome.
Accept no substitutes! Heather holds the one and only patent on this idea and not only invented the product, but the entire concept -- and all of the techniques & styles associated with it.
Click here to go back to the blog.